Sunday, February 5, 2012

January Favorites 2012

I can't believe January is over already! I hope you all had a great month & are sticking to your new years resolutions! Here are some of my favorite makeup products from this past month. Enjoy & let me know what your favorites were!

  • MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium: I wasn’t sure what all the hype was about a face powder. Powder is powder, right? That’s what I thought too until I gave in and tried out MAC’s infamous “MSFN.” And let me tell you, I was pleasantly surprised. When I first applied this powder I thought, “Hmm I can’t even see it...” But then I noticed the light coverage and the way my skin just looked naturally pretty. Then it dawned on me, maybe you’re not supposed to see the powder on your face! Hmm, what a concept! I mean, isn’t that a girl’s number one complaint about powder? No one wants to have a powdery film on their face. That is what is so amazing about this product; it offers light coverage and mattifies while allowing the subtle sheen of your natural skin to shine through. 
  •  Physicians Formula Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Blush in Rose: I admit it, the claim that this blush could “boost your mood” was intriguing to me. I’m not really sure how it could do that, but it definitely doesn’t work. I figured it wouldn’t but honestly the cute packaging, floral scent and beautiful glowy rosy pink color boosts my mood regardless! I love that it’s a darker shade of pink than I would usually wear which looks really pretty in Fall/Winter for that rosy glow as if you’ve just been outside on a crisp, cold day.
  • Rimmel London Lasting Finish blush in Summer Fever: This blush quickly caught my eye because of its three stripes of color. I usually swirl all three colors together on a brush (each stripe is a little too small to apply individually) and I love the plum color is gives my cheeks. However, unlike what the name implies, I think it’s much more of a Fall/Winter shade. 
  • MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NC30: This is a little pot of magic! No lie, it’s the best concealer I’ve ever tried because of its amazing full coverage. It’s also long lasting so you don’t have to worry about it rubbing off during the day. Some people don’t like to use it under their eyes since it’s a thick concealer, but I find that as long as you warm it up with your fingers that it is possible to use under your eyes. I don’t know how I ever survived without this!
  • MAC Eye Shadow in Satin Taupe: I had been admiring this color for such a long time so I finally gave in and purchased it. It applies so softly that it’s almost creamy rather than powdery, it’s highly pigmented, has a lovely metallic sheen and is simply the most beautiful shade of taupe I’ve ever seen. 
  • L’Oreal Paris Double Extend Eye Illuminator Eyeliner in Black Emerald: I typically don’t branch out from my trusty black eyeliner, but this dark forest green is the perfect baby step to trying out a colored eyeliner. It applies smoothly and is darkly pigmented. And I love me a 2-in-1 product! The other end is a creamy off-white that can be used on the inner corner of your eyes or on your waterline to make your eyes really pop and look wide awake. 
  • Covergirl Lashblast Fusion Water Resistant in Very Black: This is my favorite mascara ever! It volumizes, separates, and lengthens my lashes and is super dark black. What more could a girl want in a mascara? I didn’t mean to buy the waterproof formula but I actually don’t mind it because it’s not hard to remove at all. I didn’t think I’d like the fat, short bristled brush but surprisingly it applies the product really well. I haven’t had any clumping or flaking issues either.
  • Mary Kay Vanilla Mint Hand Cream: I’m not much of a hand cream kind of girl but I gave this one a try since I got it for Christmas. It’s such a velvety soft cream and is super moisturizing. I love applying it onto my hands at night. It feels expensive and luxurious and the yummy, minty vanilla scent relaxes me and makes me fall straight to sleep.
  • Nicole by OPI in The Next CEO: This nail polish is a combination of ultra fine gold and silver glitter but shows up as a beautiful metallic gold. It’s not your typical yellow gold which is what I like about it since it comes off almost as a champagne color because of the silver mixed in. I love the short, thick brush which makes application so much easier than with a typical flimsy nail polish brush. I usually apply 2 coats but 3 coats would make it 100% opaque.
  • Petites Color Fever in Peach Blush: I purchased this color because it instantly reminded me of my beloved Nars Orgasm blush! It’s a peachy pink with a pearly sheen of champagne-gold. It applies a bit streaky at first but after a second or third coat it looks fine.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. I love MAC concealer too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's it amazing?? I loooove the coverage it gives! It makes any skin problem magically disappear! :)

      Delete