It has been far too long since I last updated & my New Year's resolution for 2012 is to update consistently! I figured I would start off this year by telling you all about the amazing makeup products I fell in love with during 2011. I've already begun collecting new products for 2012 but I didn't want these to go unmentioned! So let's get to it!
- Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm: I have probably owned 10+ tubes of this lip balm. This is my all time favorite lip product, hands down! I am in love with the minty fresh feeling it gives my lips & I never ever get chapped lips because of this stuff. It's also 100% natural AND it's not tested on animals!
- Rimmel Moisture Renew in Coral Shimmer with SPF 18: I really loved coral shades this year. This lipstick is a sheer coral-pink with the tiniest specks of gold shimmer. So beautiful and very wearable!
- C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Tint No. 1643 Coral Mint: This lip gloss was my go-to when i wanted extra shiny lips. It has 2% peppermint oil so it's minty fresh like the Burt's Bees which I love! I usually layered it over my Rimmel Coral Shimmer lipstick. It's not too sticky and the woman at Bath & Body Works told me that since it's 100% natural, you can even put a dot of it on your tongue to freshen your breath! However I don't think I've ever actually done this... I prefer gum. :)
- Neutrogena Revitalizing Lip Balm in Petal Glow with SPF 20: This was an impulse buy that I ended up really liking! It's very moisturizing and has a sheer rose-colored tint to it and makes your lips a bit shiny. I keep this in my purse at all times! It has a fruity smell that I don't love, but it won't stop me from using it.
- Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Glossy Rose: If you want a high quality lip gloss without spending lots of money, this is the one to try! This particular one is a rose color with the tiniest shimmer specks. It has good pigmentation, feels great on the lips, and isn't sticky which most drugstore lipglosses are. It comes in so many pretty shades! I highly recommend this!
- Bare Minerals Matte SPF 15 Foundation in Fairly Light: I first tried the Original formula of this foundation and didn't love the "dewy" effect it gave my face. Once I tried the Matte version, I was hooked! This is my second container and I prefer it to liquid foundation since I always live in hot climates. It can have light all the way to full coverage depending on how you apply it, and leaves your complexion looking flawless.
- Bare Minerals SPF 20 Eye Brightener Well-Rested: I've only had this product for a few months but I already love it! It's a yellow-ish finely milled mineral powder I apply it under my eyes on top of whatever concealer I'm using to set it and add extra brightness to my eyes.
- Garnier Nutritioniste Skin Renew Anti-Dark Circle Roller: I never have very high expectations for under eye products but I buy them anyway hoping to come across a miracle. Although I won't say it reaches miracle status, I am impressed by this product. You roll it on and it's a liquid consistency with a very sheer tint that surprisingly does provide a bit of coverage. But what I really love is that it actually seems to help de-puff my under eyes! Not drastically, but more than anything else ever has. It's perfect to apply on days when you don't want to wear much makeup but still want some coverage. I also use it as the first step of my concealer routine under my eyes. (I have very dark circles so I have to layer on different products! lol)
- Revlon PhotoReady Concealer in Light with SPF20: I needed a new stick concealer so I decided to try this one out. I absolutely love how it applies! It's much smoother than most stick concealers and blends out very easily. It's creamy enough to apply under your eyes and is perfect to use on blemishes or redness on your face.
- Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer in Light: Again, in hopes of finding a miracle I grabbed this product when I saw the words "dark circles treatment." It contains Goji Berry and Haloxyl which supposedly help decrease dark circles. I honestly can't say I have seen any improvement, but I love this concealer regardless! It's very creamy and super easy to apply under your eyes. However the spongy ball applicator on top is a little annoying because it tends to get over saturated with product. I'd prefer different packaging but oh well!
- Nars blush in Orgasm: I saw this blush in a magazine and it explained how this shade suits almost every skin tone out there. I decided to try it out and now it is my favorite blush of all time! It is a beautiful peachy-coral-pink with tiny golden shimmer specks. It applies sheer on the cheeks but can be slightly built up.
- Covergirl Cheekers blush in Classic Pink: Once I hit pan on my Nars Orgasm I got sad and wanted to conserve it (lol) so I started reaching for this. And before I knew it, I couldn't stop using it! I literally used this every single day until it got to the state it is in now (which is almost completely non-existent). I will definitely be repurchasing this because it is the perfect pink for every day and looks like the natural pink flush your cheeks would get if you were blushing or were outside on a hot day.
- Nars The Multiple in Orgasm: Since I was so in love with my Orgasm blush, I ended up buying the Orgasm Multiple as well. It's a roll-up stick that can be used on your eyelids, cheeks, and lips. It's creamy and smooth and beautiful! I love it on my cheeks and it's nice on my lips too but I like to top it off with a lipgloss to add more shine or else it looks a bit flat. I've never used it on my eyes though because I'm not a big fan of pink eyeshadow.
- Maybelline The Colossal Volum' Express in Classic Black: I am a mascara addict and am always on the hunt for the perfect mascara. This is my second tube of Colossal which says a lot considering I hardly ever repurchase a mascara. This mascara is great at separating and volumizing your lashes. It leaves somewhat of a shiny finish on your lashes (which I like) and is super black compared to some other "black" mascaras. Even a certain MAC mascara I own isn't as dark black as this mascara.
- Physicians Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Boosting Eyeliner + Serum in Ultra Black: This eyeliner has a pointed felt-tip and is really easy to apply since it's almost like using a very thin marker. I like the idea that there is supposedly eyelash serum mixed into the formula, however I can't say that I've noticed a difference in the length or thickness my eyelashes. But I still like it as an eyeliner!
- Revlon Grow Luscious Lashliner in Onyx: This is one of the smoothest eyeliners I have ever used. It glides on like butter and is super dark black. I love using it on my waterline when I want the darkest line I can possibly get. It's also really easy to smudge out for a smoky effect.
- Revlon ColorStay Eyeliner in Black: When it comes to amazing staying power, this will always be the eyeliner I rely on. I have tried so many other eyeliners only to end up with a smudgy mess after a few hours. This one lasts all day! Even in a hot, humid climate!
- Stila Eye Shadow in Starlight: This is the perfect neutral eyeshadow. It's a beautiful champagne color that applies so smoothly on your eyelid. It can be worn alone, used with a crease color, and could even be used as a highlight. When I don't want to think about what makeup to wear, this eyeshadow never fails me.
- MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study: This is a newer addition to my collection (I've only had it for about 2 months). But I love it so much that I had to include it in my favorites. It's a creamy champagne colored eye shadow that can be used alone or as a primer/base under powder eye shadows. It's such a pretty color and makes your powder eye shadows last all day and keeps them from creasing.
- Wet n' Wild Ultimate Brow Kit in Ash Brown: This kit comes with a tiny set of tweezers, a tiny angled brow brush, two matte shades of brown powder (one light and one dark), and a clear setting wax. It also has a slide out mirror on the bottom of the compact. I only use the lighter brown powder because it matches my eyebrows perfectly and gives a very natural look when you use light-handed, short strokes to apply it.
- Sonia Kashuk Eyeshadow Brush: This handy little brush is amazing! It's the perfect size to apply eyeshadow to your lids and has extremely soft bristles that never shed.
- e.l.f. Professional Blending Eye Brush: What an awesome brush for only $1! Most e.l.f. brushes are great quality but I picked this as one of my favorites because I find myself grabbing for it all the time. It's great for applying a crease color and to blend.
- OPI Nail Lacquer in Black Shatter: This was definitely the "it" nail polish of 2011 and was so hard to get my hands on when it first came out! Every salon I went to was sold out and I wanted it so bad that I ended up ordering a bottle online! It applies over any nail polish and creates a "shattered" effect. I now own it in other colors but the black is definitely my favorite!
- OPI Nail Lacquer in Teenage Dream: This shade came out in the Katy Perry Collection. It has tiny specks of pink shimmer along with bigger specks of silver glitter. It's beautiful worn alone or applied over another color.
- Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue: This scent is so hard to describe but smells amazing! It is a light, citrus yet sweet scent that smells absolutely refreshing! I've gone through 2 bottles already and will definitely repurchase a 3rd.
- Escada Island Kiss: This perfume has a sweet scent that smells like candy mixed with fruit and flowers!
PS: I apologize in advance for the low quality of the photos! These were taken on my cell phone but I'll be using a real camera from here on out. :)